Monday, July 17, 2006

Realms of Distraction

The realm of reality is, believe it or not, where most of us live.* Unfortunately, I am not sure that anyone really knows what realm of reality anyone else is living in. Sure, together We have a vague idea of who We are because of who They are……but really, who are They? And if They changed – do you?

There are certain spaces where eccentricity is normal. There are just as many spaces that are normal because there are eccentrics. After all, They and We and I derive the notions of what it means to be normal by continual reference to the They around We. Normal is only normal because of the context that humans find themselves in.

And so there just may be multiple realms. And if I am right, there just might be multiple loop holes. And if We could travel in those loop holes then maybe We could know ourselves? And then maybe They would stop creating the social contexts that are full of red lights? And I know I should never start a sentence with ‘and’. And I don’t care.

*Except for those few gifted souls who rhyme ‘orange’ with ‘door hinge’ and understand that there are loop holes in and out of realms like there are loop holes in and out of normalness, punk shows, and any complicated system. This population lives most of its life in padded rooms wondering when everyone else will get it.

6 comments:

Jeffrey said...

lost looking for art

jeremy postal said...

huh?

Anonymous said...

Rhyme the colour purple
with something quadruple.

(I dont' know who wto spell quadruple. It just works)

Jeffrey said...

lost looking for art is an idea i would like to explain in further detail sometime..
but part of what you explained here is one of the feelings of 'lost looking for art"

to travel through the loop holes.
to create loop holes..
loop holes... or mabey get rid of the realms altogether.

blah blah blah..
JEFFREY.

Chad said...

"normal" changes - that's probably the statement that feeds anyone who ever wanted to do something of meaning. I think that's where vision develops from; the insight that what exists now can become something else, something better, something different.

jeremy postal said...

It doesn't take normal to change though...
It takes the eccentric Andy Warhol types....doesn't it?