So, in case you were at all wondering, I did get the free guitar that I was searching out. My thanks to Josh Hyslop and The Road Less Travelled for the hook up...I even got a free pick out of the deal!
I've been faithfully guitaring for three weeks now and, as a new guitarer, have come to the realization that all of the music that has and ever will be played on the guitar is already there in the neck and strings. I just have to find it.
That was a pretty freeing thought actually. I'm not learning music, I'm finding it. And then I started thinking that, if I knew how to find it, there just might be music in everything.
-e.d.
4 comments:
That is a very good way of looking at it. Now if I can only find where my pick went...
Compare that realization to spirituality... It's rather amazing. God is already there. If we search him out, it will make beautiful music. Or look at it vice versa...
God's looking to play the notes, we just have to be available to him to play us. And when we as a body of believers work together, it makes an amazing beautiful sounding work of art.
That is a lovely pepto-pink. It soothes my stomach to come to your blog.
I glad your guitaring is still so keen. I look forward to the day when we will guitar together once again. I found that as oppossed to finding the music on the neck, I find it on the net; 911tabs.com to be exact, in the form of tableture. May the chords be with you.
your as deep as a river and twice as merky.
greetings from WINTERPEG.
jeffrey.
Post a Comment