Saturday, June 10, 2006

Give Yourself a Hug

Today was my quota for loving.*

In fact, if there had been any more loving the world might have gone crazy…a few days too late. I’m thankful that today’s love, like any well marketed revival, was scheduled, uniformed, entirely creative, and only mildly embarrassing. The actual love was scheduled until noon, however, by some slight of hand by someone wanting a bit more love, I was forced to love for an extra half of an hour. This, I feel strongly about, is not acceptable.

Thankfully, I can now resume my life.

*There are certain bits and pieces of writing that are consider to be in the genre of truth. This is not one of them. In fact, if truth be told, today seemed to be a particularly well executed bought of contrived love. Similar to that gold fish you bought that tarnished a few days later.

2 comments:

Boomer said...

I can feel the love...and envision the sea of heart covered shirts.

Jeffrey said...

queer...in a strait way of course.