Thursday, June 22, 2006

Mindfreak

So today was summer solstice; and by today, I suppose I mean yesterday. A mid-summers day. The longest day of the year in the northern hemi-sphere. Among the four highest days of Wiccan sabbat in the entire year. I imagine there is a great party full of naked witches dancing in the Stonehenge as I type this. But we’ll not imagine that for too long.

Oddly enough, I don’t have to imagine too hard. Actually, if you replaced Stonehenge with beautiful sunset beach then I don’t really have to imagine at all. More realistically, it may be something I want to forget...

Anyhow, this all got me thinking about performer Criss Angel, and no, not Criss Angel naked. He is something isn’t he? I’ve been wanting to catch one of his TV shows for ages and finally got the chance to just this evening. Wow! His slight of hand and illusions are outstanding; absolutely mind boggling. And then I thought of the witches. Scary stuff.

+ +

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

this had me in stiches...